The starting in hand salary of a newly joined CGDA Auditor is around ₹ 45,304 to ₹ 49,976 per month after the 7th CPC Pay revision based on the city of posting (i.e., X city, Y city, and Z city). The salary will also increase as you get promotion to a higher position, which are discussed thoroughly below.
The Controller General of Defence Accounts Auditor, known as CGDA Auditor, is one of the most awaited jobs among the youth who are passionate about working with the government. Thousands of candidates aim to acquire a seat in the CGDA auditor post. Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) conducts the CGDA Auditor's post-exam every year.
In order to acquire the desired position in CGDA Auditor, candidates should know the recruitment process, salary packages, allowances, and benefits. So, stay with the article to know everything related to SSC CGL CGDA Auditor in detail with a salary slip.
CGDA Auditor Salary
SSC CGL CGDA Auditor is offered a handsome salary package with minimal work pressure. The starting basic pay of a CGDA Auditor is ₹ 29,000. In addition to this, you are also given HRA, DA, TPTA.
After 7th CPC Pay revision, The current gross salary of a newly join CGDA Auditor is around ₹ 49,976 per month.
The salary structure is demonstrated below ::
|SSC CGL Auditor||Salary Structure|
|Pay Scale||₹ 29,200 - ₹ 92,300|
|Basic pay||₹ 29,200|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||₹ 9,052 (31% of basic pay)|
|TPTADA||₹ 1,116 (31% of TPTA)|
|HRA for X Cities - 24%||₹ 7,008|
|HRA for y Cities - 18%||₹ 5,256|
|HRA for z Cities - 8%||₹ 2,336|
|Gross pay (X Cities)||₹ 49,976|
|Gross pay (Y Cities)||₹ 48,224|
|Gross pay (Z Cities)||₹ 45,304|
There are some deductions as follows :
|Total deductions||₹ 260|
For a newly joined CGDA Auditor, the starting in hand Salary is approximately:
- ₹ 49,716 per month for X Cities
- ₹ 47,964 per month for Y Cities
- ₹ 45,044 per month for Z Cities
Classification of Cities
|X||Kolkata, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru|
|Y||Agra, Ajmer, Aligarh, Amravati, Nanded, Nashik, Nellore, Noida, Patna, Pondicherry, Amritsar, Asanso Aurangabad, Bhopal, Vasai-Virar City, Vijayawada, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Sangli, Shimla, Siliguri, Solapur, Srinagar, Surat, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Visakhapatnam, Vellore, Tiruvannamalai, Ujjain, Bijapur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Warangal Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh,Bareilly, Belgaum, Bhavnagar, Bhiwandi, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Bhilai, Durgapur, Erode, Faridabad, Firozabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guntur, Gwalior, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hamirpur, Hubli–Dharwad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kochi, Kolhapur, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Madurai, Malappuram, Mathura, Mangalore, Meerut, Moradabad, Mysore,Kollam, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Nagpur, Purulia, Prayagraj, Raipur, Rajkot, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela and Ratlam|
CGDA Auditor Salary slip
For your motivation, we also provide a salary slip of a CGDA Auditor.
GDA Auditor Job profile
The two main work profiles of an Auditor at the CGDA (Controller General of Defence Accounts) are Audit and Accounting. The work pressure and the responsibilities will vary according to the job profile.
- The duties of an accountant at the defence, pension, and PAO departments are mainly confined to the desk and handling the department's accounting.
- In addition, candidates can be assigned to audit army and air force offices, where they provide daily auditing services. Candidates will be required to visit different locations to audit accounts daily.
- While working in accounting, candidates can expect to do a lot of paperwork and have fixed schedules.
- Your main responsibility will be to audit important official documents and sign numerous important bills.
CGDA Auditor Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the post of SSC CGL CGDA Auditor, candidate must check the Eligibility Criteria which are given below.
Recruitment Process of SSC CGL CGDA Auditor
The Recruitment for the CGDA Auditor post takes place in four steps. These steps involve Tier -I, Tier -II, and Tier -III and finally document verification of the shortlisted candidates.
- Tier -I: The prelims will consist of an objective paper with a total of 200 marks. This exam consists of four sections: Numerical Aptitude, English Comprehension, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and General Awareness. Candidates need to clear the Prelims exam to appear in the Mains exam ( or Tier -II).
- Tier -II: After clearing the Prelims exam, candidates need to clear the main exam, which is tricky compared to the pre-ex. Competition gets more challenging at this level. The main exam will consist of an objective paper with 400 marks. There will be two sections, i.e., English Language & Comprehension and Quantitative Abilities.
- Tier -III:After clearing both the preliminary and mains exam, candidates need to go through one more process, which is a descriptive exam. The descriptive exam will be conducted in pen and paper format, where candidates have to write a letter, essay, or application. The maximum score in this section is 100 marks.
- Document verification: Finally, Candidates who score the minimum cut-off mark will be called out to verify their documents. And after Document verification, selected candidates will be posted in different departments within the office of CGDA as Auditors.
Career growth and promotion
Being a CGDA Auditor you can expect extensive career growth. After three years of service in the CGDA department you will be promoted to Senior Auditor with grade pay of INR 4,200/-. The promotional career path is given below:
- Senior Auditor
- Assistant Audit Officer (AAO)
- Audit Officer (AO)
- Senior Audit Officer
After completing 2 years of service as a CGDA Auditor, you will be eligible for the The Subordinate Audit/Account Services Examination (SAS Exam) which will give you a direct promotion to Assistant Audit Officer (AAO). Every promotion brings additional allowance with increased basic pay, which leads to overall increase in gross salary.
Q. What is the salary of a CGDA Auditor ?
Ans: After 7th CPC Pay revision, The basic pay of a CGDA Auditor is ₹29,000. After adding the allowances and deductions the in-hand salary becomes ₹ 49,716 (for X Cities), ₹ 47,964 (for Y Cities) and ₹ 45,044 (for Z Cities).
Q. What will be the job location of a CGDA Auditor?
Ans: The job location is not predictable as can be posted in any state of the country. But there is a few chances of getting placement in your home state.
Q. What is the minimum salary for a CGDA Auditor ?
Ans: The minimum take home salary of a newly joined CGDA Auditor is ₹ 49,716 (X Cities), ₹ 47,964 (Y Cities) and ₹ 45,044 (Z Cities).
Q. How to become a CGDA Auditor ?
Ans: Candidates have to go throw three steps Tier -I, Tier -II, and Tier -III. Tier-I is the prelims exam consist of an objective paper with a total of 200 marks. After clearing the Prelims exam, candidates need to clear the main exam(Tier-II). After clearing both the preliminary and mains exam, candidates need to clear the descriptive exam (Tier-III).
Q. What is the age limit of CGDA Auditor eligibility ?
Ans: For a candidate, age should be in between 18 to 27 Years.